The Manfrotto 502HD Pro Video Head with Flat Base (3/8"-16 Connection) is an affordable yet remarkably full-featured professional head that represents an advance over the popular 501HDV, with sturdier construction and featuring Manfrotto's patented bridging technology (inherited from the 509HD and 504HD heads). This head is designed for executing cinematic moves with compact camcorders and DSLR video cameras. The 502HD comes in two versions -- the "AH" flat-base version, which this one is, and the "A" ball-base version, which is separately available.
Weight capacity is 12.2 lb and counterbalance supports 8.8 lb. It can support 13 lb as a static weight. The balance plate's 3.27" range allows you to correct for uneven payloads that might be due to matte boxes or exotic DSLR rig configurations.
The bridging technology ensures that the pan friction control is intuitive and easy to set, but also protected against knocks. There are of course independent locks for pan and tilt, and drag for both is selectable in a continuous range from zero to the max level. This allows you to operate the head in a confident, smooth manner using the included pan bar.
- Pan drag and tilt drag are continuously adjustable from 0 (no drag) to the maximum level
- Sliding quick-release place secured by secondary safety system
- 12.2 lb Weight Capacity
- Counterbalance Supports 8.8 lb
- Bridging Technology
- Spring-Loaded Counter Balance
- Continuously Adjustable Pan/Tilt Drag
- Pan Bar & Sliding Plate Included
- Load Capacity 12.2 lb static (5.5 kg)
- Counterbalance supports 8.8 lb (4 kg)
- Head to Tripod Mounting Thread 3/8"-16 thread
- Counter Balance System Spring-loaded
- Counter Balance Range One fixed spring for 8.8 lb (4 kg) camera weight
- Quick Release/Wedge Plate 504PLONG plate with 1/4"-20 & 3/8"-16 screws
- Balance Plate 504PLONG plate slides 3.27" (83.0 mm)
- Tilt Drag Continuously adjustable from 0 to max level
- Tilt Range -80° to +90° tilt range front to back
- Tilt Lock Yes
- Spring Loaded Counter Balance Yes
- Pan Drag Continuously adjustable from 0 to max level
- Pan Range 360°
- Pan Lock Yes
- Pan Bar 1 included
- 2 possible positions
- Leveling Bubble Yes
- Material Aluminium
- Color Black
- Temperature Range -4 to 104 °F (-20 to 40 °C)
- Height 5.12 in (13.0 cm)
- Weight 3.53 lb (1.6 kg)
Have you purchased or used this product before?
Why not help others by giving them the benefit of your opinion.
Simply click here to Log On or register and enter a few details about your experience with this product.
Your personal details are not shared with others and your review is counted with others to form an average rating. To guard against spam and inflammatory remarks, all reviews will be moderated before they are posted.
There are currently no reviews for this product.