The Sony BRC-H700 is a high-definition, all-in-one, robotic colour video camera for remote shooting applications.
- Superb picture quality - three 1.07 megapixel HD CCDs
- High-performance Pan/Tilt/Zoom mechanism
- RS-232C/RS-422 remote control (VISCA protocol)
- Versatile video outputs
- Flexible installation - ceiling mount or flat surface
- Sixteen presets
- Multi-function IR remote commander unit
- Easy-to-use and ergonomically designed remote control unit (RM-BR300)
- Optical multiplex unit (BRU-H700)
- Superb Picture Quality
Three 1.07 Megapixel HD CCDs
The BRC-H700 incorporates three 1/3-inch type HD CCD sensors with a total of 1,070,000 effective pixels each, resulting in outstanding picture quality with high resolution. It also delivers accurate colour reproduction, and is ideal in low-light shooting environments.
Flexible Installation - Ceiling Mount or Flat Surface
Because the BRC-H700 has an "Image Flip" function, the unit can either be mounted on a ceiling using the supplied ceiling mount kit or placed on a flat surface to meet your installation and space requirements.
Easy-to-use and Ergonomically Designed Remote Control Unit
All camera settings, including the Pan/Tilt/Zoom functions and sixteen-preset patterns, can be controlled from the optional RM-BR300 Remote Control Unit. The ergonomic joystick design and feature-rich control panel provide superb operability in various remote-shooting applications.
High-performance Pan/Tilt/Zoom Mechanism
The BRC-H700 covers a wide shooting range with its highly accurate Pan/Tilt mechanism. It has a very wide pan range of 340 degrees and a tilt range of 120 degrees. Both pan and tilt speeds are variable within the range of 0.25 to 60 degrees per second. This enables the BRC-H700 to capture not only fast-moving objects, but also slow-moving objects without rocking vibration. What's more, the BRC-H700 incorporates a 12x optical auto-focus zoom lens, allowing for a zoom capability of up to 48x when used in combination with its 4x digital zoom.
RS-232C/RS-422 Remote Control (VISCA protocol)
The BRC-H700 can be controlled by external devices such as the optional RM-BR300 Remote Control Unit thanks to Sony's well-known VISCA protocol. All local controls such as Pan/Tilt/Zoom, camera settings, and sixteen presets can be easily accessed, and up to seven cameras can be daisy-chained and controlled by a single RM-BR300 Remote Control Unit.
Versatile Video Outputs
The BRC-H700 comes standard with a D-sub 15-pin RGB/YPbPr interface. The unit can also accept a range of versatile optional interface cards that allow for flexible analog and digital system configurations. Choose from the following interface cards to configure a solution that meets your individual requirements:
- HFBK-HD1*1 : HD-SDI, HD Analog RGB/Component
- HFBK-SD1*1 : Down Converted Analog RGB, Analog Component, Analog Composite, SD-SDI
- HFBK-XG1*1 : WXGA, XGA (Letter Box, Crop), VGA (Letter Box, Crop)
- HFBK-TS1*1 : i.LINK for use with HDV systems
Thanks to these convenient option cards, the BRC-H700 truly functions as an all-in-one, compact robotic camera. *1: Can be installed in both the BRC-H700 and BRU-H700
Various camera settings such as Pan/Tilt/Zoom and focus can be configured for up to sixteen presets per camera.
Multi-function IR Remote Commander Unit
Basic camera settings, such as the Pan/Tilt/Zoom functions and six-preset patterns, can be controlled from the supplied IR Remote Commander unit.
Optical Multiplex Unit (BRU-H700)
Uncompressed digital data including external sync, camera control and audio signals can be transmitted via the optional BRU-H700 HD Optical Multiplex Unit with the BRBK-H700P HD Optical Multiplex Card installed. With only a single cable connection between the camera and the HD Optical Multiplex Unit, the system is extremely easy to install.
The maximum cable length between these units is 1,000 meters - allowing multiple cameras to be located virtually anywhere you want. What's more, the BRU-H700 HD Optical Multiplex Unit is equipped with two built-in card slots, each identical to the one found in the BRC-H700 camera, allowing for flexible analogue and digital system configurations.
Education discount on Sony BRC-H700P
Get £481 off the net price (before VAT) if you buy before 31 March 2017
If you are a state-recognised public or private education institution, such as a school, college or university, and offer full-time study, you are probably eligible for a discount on this product. Call our sales team to find out more.
Terms and Conditions
1. Customers must be a state-recognised school college or university offering full-time study in order to be eligible for this discount.
2. Discounts are available via telephone order from our sales team (not via online purchase).
3. This promotion is limited to the following Sony models stated on our website, and is subject to availability of these models: HXR-MC2500E, HXR-NX100, HXR-NX3, NEX-EA50M, NEX-FS100E, NEX-FS100EK, NEX-FS700R, NEX-FS700RH, PXW-X70, PXW-X160, PXW-X180, PXW-X200, PXW-Z100, PXW-Z150, PMW-300K1, PMW-300K2, PXW-X320, PXW-X400, PXW0-X400KF, PXW-X400KC, PXW-FS5, PXW-FS5K, PXW-FS7, PXW-FS7K, PMW-F5, PMW-F55, SRG-360SHE, BRC-Z330, BRC-Z700, BRC-H700P, BRC-H900, HXC-P70, HXC-D70H, HXC-D70K, HXC-D70PK, AWS-750. Discount amounts vary from product to product.
4. Ex-demo products, used products and accessories are not eligible for this discount.
5. This promotion must not be used in conjunction with any other promotion unless specified.
6. This promotion is only available via Sony Professional Solutions Specialists in the EEA, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Serbia, Montenegro, Moldova, Kosovo, Switzerland, Israel and Turkey.
7. No other credit or cash alternative available.
8. Sony and WTS reserve the right to withhold the discount where it is suspected that a false or fraudulent claim is being made, or where a claim has been made which does not comply with these terms.
9. Sony reserves the right to change the terms of the Promotion, or to terminate the
Promotion at any time and without prior notice.
10. By registering your claim you agree that you have read these terms and conditions and
agree to be bound by them.
11. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the
laws of England. Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions shall be subject
to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
12. The promoter of this promotion is Sony Europe Limited whose registered office is at The
Heights, Brooklands, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 0XW, United Kingdom the promotion will
be administered on Sony’s behalf by Custom Solutions Ltd (a company registered in
France under company number 500 517 776).
13. Offer ends 31 March 2017.
Please contact us for more information and for full terms and conditions.
Please be aware that specifications can vary from country to country
|Three 1/3 type IT CCDs
|Total picture elements
||Approx. 1.12 Megapixels
|Effective picture elements
||Approx. 1.07 Megapixels
||12x optical zoom, 48x with digital zoom Carl Seiss Vario-Sonnar T*(R)
||f=4.5 to 54.0 mm (F1.6 to F2.8)
|Minimum object distance
||800 mm (Tele end)
|Horizontal viewing angle without Image Stabilization
||5.5 degrees (Tele) to 60.3 degrees (Wide)
|Vertical viewing angle without Image Stabilization
||3.1 degrees (Tele) to 36.2 degrees (Wide)
||-170 to +170 degrees (Pan), -30 to +90 degrees (Tilt)
||0.25 to 60 degrees/s (Pan/Tilt)
||6 lx (50 IRE, F1.6)
||1/10,000 to 1/59.94 (1/50) s
||Auto/Manual (0 to 18 dB and Hyper Gain)
||Auto, Indoor, Outdoor, One-push WB, Manual
|Optical Image Stabilizer
|Video output (Built-in)
||Analog RGB, Analog Y/Pb/Pr
|Video output (With optional card(s))
||HFBK-HD1 : HD-SDI, HFBK-SD1 : Down converted SD (RGB, Y/Cb/Cr, Y/C, Composite, SDI x2) HFBK-XG1 : WXGA, XGA, VGA, HFBK-TS1 :HDV
|Camera control interface
||RS-232C/RS-422 (VISCA protocol)
||0 to 40 degrees (32 to 104 °F)
||-20 to 60 degrees (-4 to 140 °F)
||DC 12 V
||Max. 24 W (without optional card)
|Dimensions (Diameter x H)
||207 x 315.8 mm (8 1/4 x 12 1/2 inches)
||4.5 kg (9 lb 15 oz)
| IR Remote Commander Unit (1) Wire rope (1) Mounting screws (1) Operating instructions (1) AC
Have you purchased or used this product before?
Why not help others by giving them the benefit of your opinion.
Simply click here to Log On or register and enter a few details about your experience with this product.
Your personal details are not shared with others and your review is counted with others to form an average rating. To guard against spam and inflammatory remarks, all reviews will be moderated before they are posted.
There are currently no reviews for this product.