Uncompromising, Full-HD performance from compact camera
There is increasing demand for small "Box"-type or "Point-Of -View" cameras with the flexibility to shoot from almost anywhere while still delivering highest quality full-HD pictures for use standalone or in seamless integration with content from full-size cameras. The HDC-P1 delivers unprecedented picture quality thanks to its full use of the technologies from Sony's flagship HDC Series studio cameras. Three 2/3"-inch type Power HAD FX CCDs offer a sensitivity of F11 at 1080/50i or F10 at 1080/59.94i. A wide range of formats are supported, including 720/50P, 59.94P, and 1080 50/59.94P, 23.98PsF, 24PsF, 25PsF, and 29.97PsF capabilities available via optional software upgrades.
It is also the first camera of its class to feature dual ND/CC filters, both of which are servo controlled, and its ultra-narrow, 86mm body makes it ideal for applications such as 3D. Other applications include a range of unmanned and point-of-view HD applications, such as stadiums, conference rooms and schools. It can also be used as a "companion" camera in automated broadcast studios.
Compromise-free HD Picture Quality
Despite its diminutive dimensions, the HDC-P1 delivers outstanding quality, full-HD images. Three 2/3-inch type full HD "Power HAD FX" CCDs offer a sensitivity of F11 at 1080 50i and a high signal-to-noise ratio of -58 dB.
Compact and lightweight, the HDC-P1 is ideal for capturing HD-quality images in locations and from angles where bulky production HD cameras cannot be installed. Weighing only 1.7 kg (3 lb 12 oz) enables easy installation in space-constrained and awkward areas such as on a crane head or helicopter. The supplied tally unit can be easily detached from the camera body, minimizing the camera size to be fitted in, for example, a pan/tilt head or an underwater housing.
Easily integrated with your existing systems
The HDC-P1 camera is fully compatible with Sony's current master set-up units (MSU) and remote control panels (RCP). This flexibility makes it easy to integrate with everything from extensive multi-camera systems or simple point-to-point systems.
2/3" full HD "Power HAD FX" CCDs
Three 2/3"-inch type Power HAD FX CCDs offer a sensitivity of F11 at 1080/50i or F10 at 1080/59.94i. A wide range of formats are supported including 23.98PsF, 24PsF, 25PsF, and 29.97PsF capabilities available via optional software upgrades.
Compact and Lightweight Design
The HDC-P1 weighs only 1.7 kg (3 lb 12 oz) and its dimensions are a compact 86mm(W) x 130mm(H) x 189mm(D), allowing easy installation in space-constrained and awkward areas such as on a crane head or helicopter.
Two remote control optical filters
The HDC-P1 is the first camera of its type with two optical filters - Neutral Density (ND) and Colour Correction (CC) - to provide more flexibility under changing lighting conditions and easier picture matching with full size system cameras. Both filters are servo driven so they can easily be controlled remotely.
Equivalent picture quality and control system as standard Sony HD camera system
The HDC-P1 camera not only delivers comparable picture quality to a full-size Sony system camera, it is also fully compatible with Sony's current Master Set-up Units (MSU) and Remote Control Panels (RCP) using 700 Protocol - the same control system as HDC Series Cameras. This flexibility allows for comprehensive camera systems or simple point-to-point systems.
• Operating temperature: -20 to +45 °C (-4 to +113 °F)
• Mass: Approx. 1.7kg (3 lb 12 oz, without VF and lens)
• Pickup device: 3-CCD 2/3-inch type 16:9
• Effective picture elements (H&V): 1920 x 1080
• Spectrum system F1.4 prism system
• Built-in filters 1: Clear, 2: 1/4ND, 3: 1/16ND, 4: 1/64ND A: CROSS, B: 3200K, C: 4300K, D: 6300K
• Servo filter control: Yes
• Lens mount: Sony 2/3-type bayonet mount
• Sensitivity: F11 at 2000 lx (3200K, 89.9% reflectance)
• Signal-to-noise ratio: Typical -58dB (NS Max. -64 dB)
• Horizontal resolution: 1000 TV lines (at Centre)
• Shutter speed selection: 1/100, 1/125, 1/250, 1/500, 1/1000, 1/2000 s (1080/59.94i)
1/60, 1/125, 1/250, 1/500, 1/1000, 1/2000 s (1080/50i)
• Modulation depth: 45% or more horizontally (800 TV lines at centre, 27.5 MHz, with typical lens), Pb/Pr: 80% of 12 MHz
• Genlock input: BNC type (1), 1.0 Vp-p, 75Ω HD: SMPTE-274M, tri-level sync, 0.6 Vp-p, 75Ω SD: Black burst (NTSC: 0.286 Vp-p, 75Ω/PAL: 0.3 Vp-p, 75Ω)
• BNC type (2), 3G/HD/SD-SDI: BNC type (2), HD-SDI/SD-SDI selectable
• VBS out: BNC type (1)
• EXT I/O: D-sub 15Pin (female)
• Lens: 12-pin
• Remote: 8-pin
• LAN: RJ-45 (1), 10Base-T/100Base-TX
• Operation Manual
• Tally number plate
Have you purchased or used this product before?
Why not help others by giving them the benefit of your opinion.
Simply click here to Log On or register and enter a few details about your experience with this product.
Your personal details are not shared with others and your review is counted with others to form an average rating. To guard against spam and inflammatory remarks, all reviews will be moderated before they are posted.
There are currently no reviews for this product.