Canon C100 Mark II
Canon C100 Mark II
Perfect for single-person video production, the Canon EOS C100 Mark II camera allows you to achieve your boldest visual ambitions. This intuitive camera offers next level Cinema EOS imaging performance and genuine creative freedom.
Designed to help maximise one-person operation, this professional Super 35mm digital video camera is the first of the Cinema EOS family to be equipped with the sophisticated Canon DIG!C DV 4 image processor for advanced production features, including simultaneous AVCHD and MP4 recording on dual SD cards, Dual Pixel CMOS Auto Focus and Face Auto Focus, slow and fast motion recording, 1920 x 1080/60p AVCHD and MP4 capture, wireless FTP video transfer, and much more.
The EOS C100 Mark II Digital video camera delivers high ISO low-light performance and a wide dynamic range. Compatible with all Canon EF, EF-S and CN-E series lenses, the C100 Mark II has a compact, lightweight body, a 3.5-inch 270-degree rotating OLED display panel, and a tiltable color EVF with large-sized eyecup for operator comfort and convenience.
Also equipped with built-in ND filters, a removable rotating pistol grip, removable top handle with twin XLR inputs, built-in stereo mic, and audio controls, it supports an extensive range of workflows and includes a built-in Canon Log LUT for accurate live monitoring in Wide DR or BT.709 colour space.
Canon EOS C100 Mark II features include:
- Advanced Image Processing: 8.3MP Super 35mm CMOS sensor; Full HD
- EF lens mount
- Dual Format AVHCD/MP4 recording up to 1920 x 1080/60p
- High-Sensitivity from ISO 320 to 102,400; low noise
- Simultaneous AVCHD and MP4 Recording
- Uncompressed YCbCr 4:2:2 Output from HDMI
- Dual Pixel CMOS Auto Focus and Face Detection AF
- Slow and Fast Motion MP4 Recording
- Redesigned 3.5-Inch Folding OLED Display
- Improved 1.23 Megapixel Tilting Colour EVF
- 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band wireless capability for Wireless Remote, Browser Preview and FTP File Transferring
- HDMI Out with Time Code
- Built-In Canon Log LUT
- Voice Memo Microphone
- Dual Recording and Relay Recording
- CPS video support
- Use with Optional Canon RC-V100 Remote Controller
- Use with Optional Canon GPS Receiver GP-E2
The Canon EOS C100 Mark II is recommended for:
- Episodic TV and Commercials
- TV News Features/Interviews
- Broadcast Promos
- Wedding/Event Photography
- Film Schools and Universities
- High-Quality Web Content
Canon C100 Mark II
Superb picture quality to realise your vision
An 8.3 mega-pixel Super 35mm CMOS sensor, designed and manufactured by Canon specifically for video capture, provides stunning Full HD images. Combined with a new video processing system – utilising technology designed for the flagship EOS C500 Digital Cinema camera – it delivers superb high-resolution images with enhanced sensitivity (up to ISO 102,400), low noise, reduced rolling shutter artefacts and beautifully shallow depth of field. Canon Log Gamma provides 12 stops of latitude (800% dynamic range) for maximum post-production flexibility, whilst the Wide DR option supports faster turnaround by delivering footage with wide dynamic range without necessitating colour grading.
Cutting-edge autofocus for added control
The EOS C100 Mark II incorporates Canon’s Dual Pixel CMOS AF offering incredible control with minimal effort. Continuous AF automatically tracks and focuses subjects at the centre of the screen, making action shots easier to capture. One-shot AF with enhanced accuracy makes focussing similarly effortless.
Face Detection AF – which responds to the face of a subject – is also available, making interviews and pieces to camera simple for individual filmmakers.
*Face Detection AF available with compatible Canon lenses
Select the parameters to suit your production
Shoot without limitations to meet every production goal. Record either AVCHD or MP4 files to two SD memory cards at up to 1080/60P, with relay and simultaneous recording, plus slow and fast motion capture using MP4 for added creative impact. You can even capture AVCHD footage in HD whilst recording MP4 files in SD resolution, for maximum workflow flexibility and quick turnaround.
Easy to carry, effortless to use
The EOS C100 Mark II complements your versatility as an ambitious filmmaker. It’s lightweight and easy to pack and carry, with a splash-resistant durable body built to stand up to the elements. In use, it’s equally filmmaker-friendly. A 3.5” 1.23 million pixel OLED display panel, plus a large, tiltable EVF put you firmly in control of every shoot. Additional automatic functions include Push Auto Iris and Auto White Balance, whilst full manual control is available for expert users. Powerful Focus Assist functions make manual focusing effortless.
Easier sharing, greater control
Built-in Wi-Fi enables FTP file transfer for easy sharing of files, and browser-based remote control. Control options are expanded further using the optional Canon Remote Control RC-V100, giving you the freedom to shoot from previously inaccessible locations.
External recording possibilities
HDMI output allows the EOS C100 Mark II to address the quality demands of the most exacting productions, enabling high bit rate recording to external devices. Embedded time code can be output along with video and audio files.
Added creativity with interchangeable EF lenses
Expand your creative options with a huge range of interchangeable lenses. The EF mount is compatible with Canon 4K EF Cinema lenses plus over 80 EF lenses including specialist options such as Macro and Fish Eye. 3 built-in ND filters with manual control increase shooting versatility.
Capture the audio to complement your footage
Never miss a sound with audio capabilities designed to give your footage a professional edge. Recording options include LPCM or Dolby AC3. The top handle includes two XLR inputs and stereo microphone. The camera body features a built-in mic for continuity recording when using the smallest possible configuration.
The EOS C100 Mark II qualifies for free support from Canon Professional Services (CPS) with exclusive access to a range of benefits. See http://cpn.canon-europe.com/content/services.do for more details.
Canon C100 Mark II
- RGB primary colour filter (Bayer array)
Total pixels per sensor
Effective pixels per sensor
- 8.29 megapixels approx. (3840 x 2160)
- 59.94Hz Mode 0.3 Lux [F1.2 lens, 24 dB, PF29.27 mode, shutter speed 1/30]
- 50Hz Mode 0.25 Lux
[F1.2 lens, 24 dB, PF25, shutter speed 1/25]
- 59.94Hz Mode F9 [1920x1080/59.94i, ISO640 (0dB), 2000 Lux, 89.9% reflection]
- 50Hz Mode: F10 [1920x1080/50.00i, ISO640 (0dB), 2000 Lux, 89.9% reflection]
- 59.94Hz Mode 54dB (Typical) [1920x1080/PF29.97, Canon Log base sensitivity ISO 850 (Dynamic range 800%)]
- 50Hz Mode: 54dB (Typical) [1920x1080/PF25, Canon Log base sensitivity ISO 850 (Dynamic range 800%)]
- During normal shooting: 300%
- With Canon Log Gamma: 800%.
- With Wide Dynamic Range setting (Wide DR):800% (ISO 850 or above/gain 2.5 dB or more)
- Canon EF Mount, including EF-S and EF Cinema lens
- Equivalent to 1.53x the focal length of EF lenses; Cinema Zoom lenses as per lens focal length
Peripheral illumination correction
- YES (dependent on lens used)
- 4 glass filters in camera body: Clear; 2 stops; 4 stops; 6 stops.
- Operate via dial on body
- (A)Manual via lens focus ring;(B) ONE-SHOT AF AND (C) Continuous AF also available.
- AF System: Dual Pixel CMOS AF (AF not available with Cinema lenses and other Manual Focus lenses)
- TTL-video signal detection system (contrast detection) when face AF selected (Function available with the following lenses: EF-S 18 -135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM)
- FACE DETECTION AF: Face Priority or Face Only AF option
- Via body, grip, remote control or Push Auto Iris control
- Continuous Auto Iris Control available with selected EF-S STM lenses (Function available with the following lenses: EF-S 18 -135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM)
- 1/2-stop, 1/3-stop or FINE control
- Possible to maintain constant F-number during zoom
Image stabilization system
Video storage media
- SD/SDHC/SDXC card (2 card slots)
- 64GB SD card: up to 5 hours, 5 minutes. (1920 x 1080 @28Mbps VBR)
Recording file format
- AVCHD/MP4. Dual format recording available
- AVCHD: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- 28/ 24 /17 Mbps 1920 X 1080; 7 Mbps (1440 x 1080). ALL VBR/4:2:0 SAMPLING
- MP4: AVC/H.264
- 35/24/17 Mbps 1920 X 1080. 4Mbps 1280 X 720,3Mbps 640 X 360. ALL VBR/4:2:0 SAMPLING
Recording frame rate
- 59.94 Hz(NTSC) MODE. 28Mbps: 59.94P. 24/17/7Mbps: 59.94i/PF29.97/23.98P
- 50.00 Hz mode (PAL) MODE. 28Mbps:50.00P. 24/17/7Mbps:50.00i/PF25
- 59.94 Hz(NTSC) MODE. 35Mbps:59.94P. 29.97P/23.98P: 24/17/7/4/3 Mbps
- 50.00 Hz mode (PAL) MODE. 35Mbps: 50.00P. 24/17/7/4/3 Mbps:25.00P
- YES (MP4 HD Mode only. 2.5x fast motion, 0.5x slow motion)
Continuous Recording Mode
- YES. (Requires compatible Non Linear Editing software to exploit this feature)
Pre Record (cache record)
Double Slot (simultaneous) Recording
- YES - AVCHD + AVCHD/AVCHD + MP4/MP4 + MP4
HD to SD conversion
- YES. Vertical or horizontal image inversion, or both.
Internal Data Transfer
- MOVIE: Yes (SD card to SD card)
Photo storage media
- SD/SDHC/SDXC CARDS. Class 10 cards recommended for full function compatibility
- During video recording: 1920 x 1080/1280 x 720/640 x 360.
- Dependent on Video Recording Mode selected.
- Play back mode: 1920 x 1080
- Organic LED(OLED) 8.8 cm 100% view
Image quality adjustments
- Colour Balance
- Up/down/left/right according to camera configuration
Magnifying (25 points selectable, Manual Focus mode)
Edge Monitor (using waveform display)
- Peaking 1, Peaking 2 (Colour, Gain, Frequency customisable for each)
- Level 1; Level 2; Both
- Output via HD-SDI or HDMI SELECTABLE
- On/Off (Aspect ratio, Aspect marker, Safety Zone Area, Safety Zone, Grid, Horizontal, Centre)
- 1.23 million (approx.)
- 99.8% field of view
Image quality adjustments
- XLR inputs with 48V phantom power (x2) on handle
- 3.5mm microphone input jack on camera body
Video monitor output
- YES (Type A, output only)
IEEE 1394 (Firewire)
- YES (Mini-B, USB 2.0 Hi-Speed, Output Only)
- YES (Superimposed on HDMI Output signal, Selectable)
Remote Control Terminal
- 2.5mm mini jack
- Compatible with RC-V100
Wireless Control Terminal
- EBU/SMPTE (50.00Hz mode)
- SMPTE/ARIB (59.94Hz mode)
- YES (cold shoe, 2 locations: top of body, front of handle)
17 assignable buttons; select from approx. 52 functions
Side grip joystick functions assignable to alternative buttons
Exposure Setting and metering
Manual: Exposure determined by shutter setting, iris setting, ISO/gain setting and ND filter setting;
Push Auto Iris/Continuous AI metering options:
(i) Standard (Centre-weighted metering)
(iii) Backlight (compensation)
- YES. AE Shift function. +/-2, +/-1.75, +/-1.5, +/-1.25, +/-1.0, +/-0.75, +/-0.5, +/-0.25, +/-0
Auto Exposure mode*
- YES. Continuous Auto Iris (Canon lenses with 'stepping motor' (STM)
Push Auto Iris
- YES (EF and EF-S lenses. Not available with EF Cinema Lenses)
Auto Gain Control setting
- 1-stop display: 320, 400, 800, , 1600, 3200, 6400, 12800, 20000
- Extended Range ON: 320, 400, 800, , 1600, 3200, 6400, 12800, 25600, 51200, 80000,102400
- 1/3rd stop display: 320, 400, 500, 640, 800, , 1000, 1250, 1600, 2000, 2500, 3200, 4000, 5000, 6400, 8000, 10000, 12800, 16000, 20000
- Extended Range ON 25600, 32000, 40000, 51200, 64000, 80000, 102,400
- NORMAL: -6dB, -3dB, 0dB, 3dB, 6dB, 9dB, 12dB, 15dB, 18dB, 21dB, 24dB, 27dB, 30dB
- Extended Range on: 33dB, 36dB, 39dB, 42dB, 44dB
- FINE: -6 dB to 24 dB (0.5 dB increments).
- Off; Speed; Angle; Clear Scan (CS); Slow Shutter (SLS)
- 1/3 to 1/2000 depending on frame rate and Shutter Control Mode
- 11.25º to 360º depending on frame rate
Slow Shutter (SLS)
- 1/3, 1/4, 1/6, 1/8, 1/12, 1/15, 1/25, 1/30 depending on frame rate and camera frquency mode
- 59.94Hz Mode: 59.94i: 59.94 -250.51Hz/PF 29.97: 29.97Hz - 250.51Hz/23.98P: 23.98Hz -250.51Hz
- 50.00Hz Mode: 50.00i: 50Hz-250.51Hz/ PF25.00: 25Hz - 250.51Hz
- 9, including 3 presets (CINEMA, Wide Dynamic Range (Wide DR) and EOS Std)
- SD/SDHC memory card (all customisation data and metadata), up to 20 custom pictures per card
Canon Log Gamma
- -50 to +50 for each of R,G,B
- Adjustable Level, Range and Point
Low Key Saturation
- -50 to +50 adjusts colour saturation in low brightness area
- Adjusts over exposure characteristic, start, slope, saturation
- Adjustment for Level
H Detail Freq
- HV Detail Balance
- Knee Aperture
- Level Dependent Sharpness
- Y Lev
Selective Noise Reduction
- Y Lev
- Phase, Gain and RGB adjustment, in tandem with Gamma selection
- -50 to +50 R Gain, B Gain
- Area selection/area revision of two areas
Clip 100% IRE
- Limits output to 100% after setup adjustment
Wi-Fi and GPS Specification
- IEEE 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz)/IEEE 802.11 a/n (5GHz. Not available in all territories)
- Authentication: Open, WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK. Encryption System: WEP-64, WEP-128, TKIP, AES
- Max. Transmission Speed: 150Mbps (2.4/5GHz, IEEE802.11n)
GPS Information (Optional Accessory)
- Latitude/Longtitude/Elevation, Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)
- Daylight (5400K)
- Tungsten (3200K)
- Kelvin (2000K-15000K, 100K intervals)
- Set A
- Set B
White Balance Shift
- YES. -9 to +9 (Daylight and Tungsten only)
Black balance adjustment
- Hold (Drop frame available for some frame rates)
- NDF only in 24P
Start value setting
- “00:00:00:00”, Set/Reset selectable
- AVCHD: Linear PCM (16-bit 2ch (48 kHz) when 28 or 24 Mbps LPCM selected
- Dolby Digital when 28/24/17/7 Mbps selected. 2 CHANNEL
- MP4: MPEG-4 AAC-LC (16 bit/48 KHz) Bit rate: 35 - 17 Mbps 256kbps, less than 4Mbps: 128kbps
- Independent limiters and auto/manual settings
- YES, for built in microphone (in handle unit) and 3.5mm MIC jack
Microphone level meter
- Data Import Utility Software
- Handle Unit with microphone
- Tripod base adaptor plate
- Shoulder strap SS-1200
- EVF cap
- Battery Charger CG-940
- Battery pack BP-955
- Compact Power Adpter CA941(outside USA
- Tripod Base TB-1
- Batteries: BP-955, BP-950G/970G/975
- Compact Power Adaptor CA-930 (Charge function only)
- Tripod Adapter TA-100
- Shooting Brace SBR-1000
- GPS Receiver GP-E2
- Remote Contoller RC-V100
Continuous Recording Time
- Supplied BP-955: Up to 275 minutes
- Optional BP-975: Up to 405 minutes
- 147 x 174 x 169mm: Body and thumb rest
- 188 x 189 x 219mm: Body, side grip and eyecup
- 188 x 280 x 334mm: Body, grip, top handle, eyecup
Weight (camera only)
Weight (fully equipped)
Operating Temperature range
- -5ºC to +45ºC, 60% relative humidity
All specifications are subject to change without notice
State-recognised educational institutions may be eligible for reductions on this camera, as well as a range of Canon production equipment, cinema equipment and photography equipment.
From video cameras to DSLR cameras, from Canon L series lenses to EF lenses and CINE lenses, you can save money for your school, college or university.
Please contact us on 020 7871 0700 to find out more, and for full terms and conditions.
Have you purchased or used this product before?
Why not help others by giving them the benefit of your opinion.
Simply click here to Log On or register and enter a few details about your experience with this product.
Your personal details are not shared with others and your review is counted with others to form an average rating. To guard against spam and inflammatory remarks, all reviews will be moderated before they are posted.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
Canon EOS C100 Mark II Full HD camcorder, with 8.3MP Super 35mm CMOS sensor and EF lens mount.