The DECIMATOR 2 from Decimator Design has just been launched at NAB 2010. Replacing the earlier DECIMATOR product, it retains the earlier feature set and includes a HDMI Output and the ability to output de-embedded analogue audio via 2 x RCA connectors.
Auto detects 3G, HD or SD (26 Formats in total) and can handle switching of
• Simultaneous scaling on both the HDMI and Composite outputs with a maximum
delay of 1 input frame
• HDMI output with optional full scaling and aspect ratio conversion.
• Down-converted Composite output with:
- NTSC or PAL is selectable for 3G/HD inputs
- SD will be passed unchanged.
- Low latency 3G/HD to SD Down-conversion with
- ARC (Aspect Ratio Conversion) of either:
i) 16:9 to 16:9 Anamorphic
ii) 16:9 to 4:3 Letterbox
iii) 16:9 to 4:3 Centre Cut (Crop to 4:3)
- Full 10-bit data path and multipoint interpolation
- 16 times over-sampling for Composite Output
• Passes EIA-708/608 Closed Captions to the Composite Output
• Full 16-Channel Audio metering displayed on the HDMI output with:
- Any of the 4 audio groups individually selectable
- Vertical or Horizontal Bars
- AES/EBU, VU, Extended VU, BBC, EBU, DIN and NORDIC Scales
- Bar & Float, Bar only or Float only
- Transparency adjustment
- Separate Bar and Float Ballistics control
- Adjustable Reference level
- Red, Yellow and Green Range adjustment
- Bar thickness adjustment
- Margin adjustment
• Adjustable Graticules Generator displayed on the HDMI output with:
- Separate enables for Safe Action, Safe Title and Centre Cross
- Adjustable position for either Safe Action or Safe Title
- Adjustable colours for Safe Action, Safe Title and Centre Cross
• Text Overlays displayed on the HDMI output with:
- Adjustable Foreground and Background colours
- Adjustable 16 character text
- Current input format status
• De-Embedded Analogue Audio is output on 2 x RCA connectors at -10dBu = -20dBFS
• 3G/HD/SD-SDI Active Loop-Through Output External Dip-Switch Configuration
• USB port for control and firmware updates
• Locking DC Power Socket
• The following is also included with the unit: Power Supply, HDMI Cable,
USB Cable and Mounting Bracket
Have you purchased or used this product before?
Why not help others by giving them the benefit of your opinion.
Simply click here to Log On or register and enter a few details about your experience with this product.
Your personal details are not shared with others and your review is counted with others to form an average rating. To guard against spam and inflammatory remarks, all reviews will be moderated before they are posted.
There are currently no reviews for this product.