With its continued excellence in advanced broadcast conversion capabilities, Blackmagic introduces its Mini Converter Optical Fibre. Designed and built with both video broadcasters and studio facility insatllation pundits in mind, this high-quality, cost effective conversion box offers bi-directional SDI to optical fibre conversion capabilities; and each direction can be completely independent of each other. It's capable of switching between SD, HD and 3Gb/s SDI video formats; and with optical fiber input/output LC type connections at a 10-bit rate, enjoy long cable runs up to 147,000 ft (44,805 m) in SD, and up to 82,000 ft (24,993 m) at 3Gb/s SDI. Moreover, 3Gb/s SDI technology is fully compatible with all your studio and field SD and HD SDI equipment.
Due to its identical bit-stream as conventional SDI, the Mini Converter's optical conversion provides future proof data speed protection; upgrades can be loaded via its built-in high speed USB 2.0 connection. The advantage of converting SDI to optical fibre is when SDI data speeds increase in the future, you will ensure the longevity of the optical fibre cable install as existing cables will easily handle much higher SDI data speeds.
Future Proof Data Speed Protection
The Mini Converter Optical Fibre box eliminates the need of replacing SDI cables in your studio or facility every time a new higher-quality video standard is introduced, which will require higher data speeds - converting SDI to optical fiber ensures longer cabling distances without sacrificing quality. In addition, this box uses a SMPTE standard 1310nm optical fiber laser driver while utilizing standard LC type connectors.
Optical Fibre Conversion Advantages
Optical fibre SDI easily switches between SD, HD and 2K, as it has an identical bit-stream to conventional SDI.
High-Speed USB 2.0 Port
This box offers a USB 2.0 port for future software upgrades via Mac OS X and Windows.
Universal Power Supply
Included is a universal power supply with international plug adapters for international usage.
The Blackmagic mini converter features a cable tie point that secures the power supply connection, thus preventing an accidental power disruption.
- Type Converter
- Supports Optical Fibre, SD, HD and 3Gb/s SDI. Only single-mode LC type fiber optic cables are recommended for all fiber optic connections below
- Bit Rate 10-bit
- SDI Format Support 525/29.97 NTSC, 625/25 PAL, 1080PsF23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080PsF25, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 720p50, 720p59.94 and 720p60
- SDI Compliance SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 296M, ITU-R BT.656, ITU-R BT.601 and SMPTE 297M for Optical Fibre SDI
- Sampling 4:2:2 (SDI)
- Analog Format Support 525/29.97 NTSC, 625/25 PAL, 1080PsF23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 720p50, 720p59.94 and 720p60
- Input SDI (BNC/switchable between SD, HD and 3Gb/s SDI): x1, Optical Fibre (switchable): x1 LC
- Output SDI (BNC/switchable between SD, HD and 3Gb/s SDI): x1, Optical Fibre (switchable): x1 LC
- Other USB 2.0 x1
- Audio 8-Channel Embedded (Optical Fiber LC)
- Power 12VDC (supplied power supply)
- Dimensions (LxWxH) 3.8 x 3.6 x 0.8" (96.5 x 91.4 x 20.3mm)
- Shipping Weight 6.6 lbs (3kg)
- Colour Black
Have you purchased or used this product before?
Why not help others by giving them the benefit of your opinion.
Simply click here to Log On or register and enter a few details about your experience with this product.
Your personal details are not shared with others and your review is counted with others to form an average rating. To guard against spam and inflammatory remarks, all reviews will be moderated before they are posted.
There are currently no reviews for this product.