This Mini Converter Optical Fibre 4K from Blackmagic Design allows you to convert SD/HD/6G-SDI to optical fibre and optical fiber to SD/HD/6G-SDI simultaneously. It is ideal for Ultra UD broadcast, post production, and professional AV applications that integrate optical fiber cables with professional SDI equipment.
The Mini Converter automatically switches between SD, HD, and Ultra HD video inputs signals and will output signals with matching resolution and frame rates. No DIP switches or software controls are required. Embedded optical fiber and SDI audio is supported and sampled at 48kHz and 24-bit. Included with the converter is a 12V universal power supply.
Optical Fibre Conversion
Bi-directional converter lets you simultaneously convert SDI to optical fibre and optical fiber to SDI.
6G, HD, and SD Format Support
The Mini Converter supports a wide range of video resolutions, including 4K 4096x2160p24 signals, Ultra HD 3840x2160p, 2K 2048x1080p, 1080p, 1080i, 720p, and SD in both NTSC and PAL. SDI and optical fibre inputs automatically detect format, resolution, and frame rate, and the Mini Converter outputs a matching signal.
USB 2.0 Port
Update the device via the USB 2.0 port and Blackmagic Design's Convert Utility software, which downloads and installs firmware updates directly from their website.
Universal Power Supply & Cable Tie
The 12V universal power supply comes with international plug adaptors for all countries. A cable tie point is provided to secure the power supply connection, thus preventing any accidental power disruption.
- 10-bit optical fibre inputs and outputs
- 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 SDI video sampling in YUV and RGB color spaces
- Compliant with SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, ITU-R BT.656, ITU-R BT.601 and SMPTE 297M standards
- SDI Video Input SD, HD, and 6G-SDI, auto-switchable
- SDI Video Output Automatically matches the SD, HD, and 6G-SDI optical input.
- Optical Fibre Video Input 1 x 10 bit SD/HD/6G-SDI switchable
- Optical Fibre Video Output 1 x 10 bit SD/HD/6G-SDI switchable
- Optical Fibre Audio Input 16 channel embedded
- Optical Fibre Audio Output 16 channel embedded
- Multi-Rate Support Auto detection of SD, HD, or 6G-SDI
- Reclocking Yes
- SD Format Support 525/29.97 NTSC, 625/25 PAL
- HD Format Support 720p 50/59.94/60, 1080i 50/59.94/60, 1080p 23.98/24/25/29.97/30/50/59.94/60, 1080PsF 23.98/24/25/29.97/30/59.94
- 2K Format Support 2048x1080p 23.98/24/25, 2048x1080PsF 23.98/24/25
- 4K Format Support 3840x2160p 23.98/24/25/29.97/30, 4096x2160p 24
- SDI Compliance SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, ITU-R BT.656, ITU-R BT.601, and SMPTE 297M
- SDI Video Rates Switchable between SD, HD, and 6G-SDI
- SDI Video Sampling 4:2:2 and 4:4:4
- SDI Audio Sampling 24 bit, 48 kHz
- SDI Color Precision 4:2:2 and 4:4:4
- SDI Color Space YUV and RGB
- SDI Auto Switching Automatically detects SD, HD, or 6G-SDI
- ASI Support Yes
- Settings Control None
- Internal Software Upgrade Via USB 2.0 using included Converter Utility software
- Power Supply 12 V
- Operational Voltage Range 12 to 30 VDC
- Power Consumption 3.84 W
Have you purchased or used this product before?
Why not help others by giving them the benefit of your opinion.
Simply click here to Log On or register and enter a few details about your experience with this product.
Your personal details are not shared with others and your review is counted with others to form an average rating. To guard against spam and inflammatory remarks, all reviews will be moderated before they are posted.
There are currently no reviews for this product.