The Blackmagic Design H.264 Pro Recorder is designed for the
industry professionals who require professional encoding from SDI, HDMI,
analog/component composite, and balanced audio. The flexible Pro
Recorder enables you to capture old or new video formats into the same
file formats used on the web, iPad, iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, and more,
providing a convenient solution to capture from professional broadcast
decks directly to SD and HD H.264 files.
With the Media Express software, you can encode hours of content into
popular online formats and batch H.264 files with an attractive user
interface as well as create playlists from captured files. The software
supports CMX EDL import and RS-422 accurate deck control, and is
compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux operating systems. It also
provides clip information such as frame size, frame-rate, color space,
format, and codec.
The H.264 recorder allows you to capture high-quality videos and select
between SDI, HDMI, and analog component video inputs. Apart from
capturing audio from the SDI, HDMI, or stereo balanced analog audio
input jacks, you can also connect the recorder directly to HD or SD
video sources as the SDI, HDMI, and capture from HDCAM, Digital Betacam,
Betacam SP, DVD players, and more. Analog video inputs switch between
component s-video and composite, and support SD and HD.
The Pro Recorder allows you to save your old memories as digital files
on your PC, converting old programming video formats into H.264 file
format. It supports real-time scaling, and allows you to capture videos
at full HD or SD resolution. You can also resize videos in real-time to
scale and encode for playing on devices such as iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
The adjustable tools can crop unwanted video portions such as black
borders and VHS switching.
- SDI Video Input: 1 x 10-bit SD/HD switchable
- Analog Video Input: 1 x Component YUV on 3 BNCs switchable to S-Video or Composite. Component supports HD and SD.
- HDMI Video Input: 1 x HDMI type A connector.
- Analog Audio Input: 2 Channels of professional balanced analog audio with standard 1/4 inch jack connections.
- SDI Audio Input: 2 Channels from embedded SDI audio.
- HDMI Audio Input: 2 Channels from embedded HDMI audio.
- Device Control: Sony compatible RS-422 deck control port.
- Computer Interface: USB 2.0 high speed (480Mb/s)
- SD Format Support: 625i/50 PAL and 525i/59.94, 480p NTSC.
- HD Format Support: 720p50/59.94/60. 1080i50/59.94/60. 1080p23.98/24/25/29.97/30/50/59.94/60. 1080PsF23.98/24/25/29.97/30.
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 259M and SMPTE 292.
- Audio Sampling: Television standard sample rate of 48 kHz and 24 bit.
- Video Sampling: 4:2:2 YUV
- SDI Color Precision: 10-bit
- Color Space: REC 601, REC 709
- HDMI Color Precision: 10-bit
- Multiple Rate support: SDI, HDMI and component analog video
connections are switchable between standard definition and high
definition. SDI switches between 270 Mb/s standard definition SDI, 1.5
Gb/s HD-SDI and 3 Gb/s HD-SDI.
- Copy Protection: HDMI input is unable to capture from copy protected
HDMI sources. Always confirm copyright ownership before capture or
distribution of content.
- Encoding: Hardware based real time H.264 encoder supports multiple
profiles for small, portable video devices through to full resolution
- Realtime Scaling: Capture at full HD or SD resolution, or use direct
resize in realtime to scale and encode for the intended playback
device, such as iPhone, iPad or iPod.
Software Included: Media Express, Blackmagic System Preferences and
Blackmagic driver on Mac OS X. Media Express, Blackmagic Control Panel
and Blackmagic driver on Windows.
Internal Software Upgrade: Firmware upgrade via USB.
Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite or later. Windows 7 or Windows 8.
Power Supply: +12V universal power supply included with international socket adaptors for all countries. Cable tie point.
Requires computer with a USB 2.0 port.
- Operating temperature: 0° to 40° C (32° to 104° F)
- Storage temperature: -20° to 45° C (-4° to 113° F)
- Relative Humidity: 0% to 90% non-condensing
- +12V universal power supply with international socket adaptors
12 Month Limited Manufacturer’s Warranty.
Have you purchased or used this product before?
Why not help others by giving them the benefit of your opinion.
Simply click here to Log On or register and enter a few details about your experience with this product.
Your personal details are not shared with others and your review is counted with others to form an average rating. To guard against spam and inflammatory remarks, all reviews will be moderated before they are posted.
There are currently no reviews for this product.