Since its inception, Metabones has been designing and manufacturing lens adapters recognized among professionals and enthusiasts as leaders in design and workmanship.
Contrary to the popular trend of other factories using an aluminum ring painted black on the camera-body-side, we instead take no short-cut but use precision-machined brass with chromium plating on both the camera-body and the lens sides of our adapters, in order to ensure smooth mounting, great appearance, and durability. The lens side of the adapter features a strong leaf-spring structure, strengthening the adapter-lens connection and ensuring tightness of the lens in order to reduce wear and prevent focus errors and optical alignment issues from appearing.
Metabones uses matte-black treatment to keep internal reflection to a minimum in order to maintain the maximum optical quality possible with the lens.
All Metabones Adapters follow this tradition of uncompromising precision, robust build quality and outstanding finish. Our new Smart AdapterTM series of products add industry-leading electronic interfacing technology from Canada, with true electronic control of the lens' aperture directly from the camera body.
Autofocus with an Optimum Balance of Accuracy, Speed, Consistency and Reliability
Autofocus is supported subject to certain limitations (see table below for details). We are pleased to report that Panasonic Micro Four Thirds camera bodies are capable of autofocusing fast (large maximum aperture) lenses accurately. Although our first and foremost priority is accuracy, we are able to make great strides in autofocus speed as well.
• Both camera-side and lens-side of the adapter are made of brass, precision-machined and plated with chromium.
• Satin surface finish - just like your OEM lens and camera mounts.
• Precise fit and solid connection - lens has no play, gap or wiggling when mounted on adapter and no adjustments are required to fit your lens.
• Designed to reach infinity focus while maintaining the correct registration distance required to maintain optical quality of CRC lenses or lenses with floating elements.
Our Smart AdapterTM series adapters have the following additional features
• True electronic integration of aperture diaphragm - let camera automatically choose aperture in P or S exposure modes, or dial in yourself on the camera body in A or M modes.
• EXIF data such as lens identification, focal length and aperture.
Autofocus Lens Compatibility List
The following table lists lenses which has been tested. Other lenses not listed here typically works well, too.
• Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L USM Fisheye
• Canon EF-S17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM
• Canon EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II
• Canon EF 20-35mm f/3.5-4.5 USM
• Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
• Canon EF 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 II
• Canon EF 35-80mm f/4-5.6
• Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
• Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM
• Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
• Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM
• Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM
• Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM
• Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM
• Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro USM
• Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
• Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
• Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM
• Canon EF Extender 1.4x III
• Canon EF Extender 2x
• Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC Art
• Sigma 18-125mm f/3.8-5.6 DC HSM
• Sigma 24-105mm f/4 Art
• Tokina AT-X PRO 11-16mm f/2.8 DXII
Tested by the community, thanks!
• Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM (Mark I)
• Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L USM (Mark I)
• Canon EF 200mm f/2.0L IS USM
• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM (Mark I)
• Canon EF 400/2.8L IS USM (Mark I)
• Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II
• Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX HSM
• Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD A007
• Tamron 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 XR Di VC A20
• Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD A009
Manual focus only
• Contax N lenses modified by Conurus
• Tamron SP 17-50mm f/2.8 VC B005
• Zeiss ZE lenses
Accurate only on newer cameras such as Panasonic G7 and GX8
• Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM (non-IS)
• Canon EF 135mm f/2L USM
• Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM
• Canon EF 300mm f/4L IS USM
• Focus confirmation "chips"
Manual Focus Lens Compatibility
Some improperly-made M42 screw mount adapters may short the electronic contacts of the Speed Booster and cause damage to the Speed Booster and/or camera body.
Focus confirmation "chips" such as Dandelion are incompatible.
Many manual focus lenses (e.g. OM 28/2.8, OM 50/1.8, Leica R 15/3.5) have rear protrusions (spikes, levers, other appendages) which would damage the optics and/or housing of Speed Booster. They need to be modified before they can be safely used on Speed Booster. Check and make sure there are no rear protrusions from the adapter/lens combination before using on Speed Booster. Scratches and damages caused by rear protrusions on Speed Booster are not covered by warranty.
List of manual focus lenses which REQUIRE MODIFICATION to be used on Speed Booster
Elmarit R 28/2.8
Elmarit R 35/2.8
Summicron R 50/2
Every Pentax K-mount lens has a protruding fin and an aperture lever. It does NOT fit.
Have you purchased or used this product before?
Why not help others by giving them the benefit of your opinion.
Simply click here to Log On or register and enter a few details about your experience with this product.
Your personal details are not shared with others and your review is counted with others to form an average rating. To guard against spam and inflammatory remarks, all reviews will be moderated before they are posted.
There are currently no reviews for this product.