ZEISS COMPACT ZOOM CZ.2 LENSES
The new Compact Zoom CZ.2 lenses are as versatile as they are
powerful and incorporate features never seen before on lenses of this
kind. They are handy, compact, ready for 4k and even offer full-frame
coverage. With their zoom lengths of 28-80 and 70-200 mm, they give you a
wide range of creative options.
Their compact size and light weight make them the ideal companions
for even the most ambitious applications, including handheld, Steadicam
and projects in confined spaces. And thanks to their robust, cine-style
housing (which also allows for the use of a follow-focus system), their
full-frame coverage and interchangeable mounts, they will be reliable
partners for years to come.
Full-frame coverage (36 x 24 mm)
No focus shift over the zoom range
Robust cine-style housing
Circular shape of iris
Great flare suppression
Calibrated focus scale
Colormatched with all ZEISS Prime lenses.
Compact lenses give me the flexibility and consistent
look I need regardless of what format I am shooting.
Whether I’m shooting full frame DSLR or Super 35mm,
ZEISS Compact lenses deliver the consistency and
resolving power I want.”
Den Lennie, Cinematographer, United Kingdom
“ ZEISS Compact lenses are a future-proof investment
I can highly recommend to every cinematographer.
No matter which brand of camera I’m working with,
because of the interchangeable mount I can always
use the same set of lenses without having to buy new
lenses for my various camera systems.”
Sebastian Wiegärnter, Cinematographer, Germany
When developing your ideas, you need to be safe in the
knowledge that you’ll be able to breathe life into them.
Whether it’s a feature film shot in all of its 4k brilliance or
a high-end documentary set in a breathtaking landscape,
the ZEISS Compact Zoom lenses are your ideal companion.
You can rely on the same phenomenal image quality you’re
used to seeing from ZEISS prime lenses, but now with the
versatility of a cine zoom. Additionally, ZEISS Compact Zoom
lenses feature an interchangeable mount, which means
they will work on a wealth of various camera systems.
ZEISS Cine Zooms, the first to be designed for full-frame
coverage, offer a unique zoom line, guaranteeing you
unparalleled performance and a future-proof investment.
Add to that a robust and precise design, wheather-sealed
and optimized for digital cameras, and you have a set of
zooms that are ready to take on even your most ambitious
projects. This gives you not only the flexibility you need, but
also the image quality to make even your most ambitious
visions a reality.
Compact Zoom lenses offer
Future proof investment
- Independent from mount and sensor
- Full frame coverage (36x24 mm)
- Interchangeable mount system
- Made in Germany
- Optimized for digital cameras
- Improved dust and water protection
- Passed all environmental tests
- 4k capability
Cine style housing
- One of the widest range of Cine leightweight zooms in the market 15-200 mm
- Calibrated scales in meter or feet
- Lightweight and compact zooms
- Nearly 300 degrees of focus rotation
- Cine style housing with gears for an external follow focus
Unique optical performance
- No focus breathing over the whole focus range
- Sweet spot effect at 35 mm application
- High contrast and resolution
- Natural bokeh due to round iris
- Optimal reduced flare, ghost and veiling glare
|Compact Zoom CZ.2
|T 2.9 to T 22
||T 2.9 to T 22
|T 2.9 to T 22
|Close focus distance (1)
|0.55 m / 1’10”
||1.52 m / 5’
|0.83 m / 2’8”
|Horizontal angle of view
|Super 35 (4)
|Normal 35 (5)
|198 mm / 9.92”
||250 mm / 9.84”
|196 mm / 7.72”
||114 mm / 4.49”
||95 mm / 3.7”
|95 mm / 3.7”
||2.6 kg / 5.7 lbs
||2.8 kg / 6.2 lbs
|2.5 kg / 5.5 lbs
1. Close focus distance is measured from the image plane
2. Horizontal angle of view for a full-frame camera aperture (aspect ratio 1:1.5, dimensions 36 mm x 24 mm / 1.42“ x 0.94“)
3. Horizontal angle of view for an APS-H camera aperture (aspect ratio 1:1.81, dimensions 30.2 mm x 16.7 mm / 1.19“ x 0.66“)
4. Horizontal angle of view for an ANSI Super 35 Silent camera aperture (aspect ratio 1:1.33, dimensions 24.9 mm x 18.7 mm / 0.98“ x 0.74“)
5. Horizontal angle of view for a Normal 35 Academy camera aperture (aspect ratio 1:1.37, dimensions 22 mm x 16 mm / 0.87“ x 0.63“)
6. Horizontal angle of view for an APS-C camera aperture (aspect ratio 1:1.50, dimensions 22.3 mm x 14.9 mm / 0.88“ x 0.59“)
7. Horizontal angle of view for a Micro 4/3 (MFT) camera aperture (aspect ratio 1:1.33, dimensions 17.3 mm x 13 mm / 0.68“ x 0.51“) Front to PL mount flange
Have you purchased or used this product before?
Why not help others by giving them the benefit of your opinion.
Simply click here to Log On or register and enter a few details about your experience with this product.
Your personal details are not shared with others and your review is counted with others to form an average rating. To guard against spam and inflammatory remarks, all reviews will be moderated before they are posted.
There are currently no reviews for this product.